When you install your pump, follow these guidelines:
- Do not hammer or mishandle your pump.
- Keep all foreign materials out of your pump.
- Never vise or grip the round body portion of the pump housing. Grip only the square inlet/outlet bosses when you install fittings. Always support the pump when you install fittings to avoid bending the V-clamp even if the pump is already mounted on the motor.
- Make sure the power is off before working with an electric motor. If possible, lock out the power at a disconnect.
- Make sure you have an adequate, well-lit work space and use the correct tools.
- Do not use any components that are damaged or deformed. You should not have to force any parts together. If you receive parts that are damaged or deformed, call your PROCON factory representative.